Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

BE2012 and Hyper-V

Created: 11 Oct 2013 | 4 comments

Please could somebody correct me if I am wrong but I am sure I read somewhere that you can set BE2012 up to backup as normal and then create or copy a backup of the system to a Hyper-V VM ???

Is this true as I cant find where I saw it anywhere and its something I'm interested in looking into,
also if it is true do I need any additional licences other that BE2012 and the Windows agent and Databases we have just ordered ???

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Jaydeep S's picture

Yes, Backup Exec allows you to backup physical machines and convert them to VMs on HyperV or VMWare hosts either simultaneously while backing up or post backup. Here is a step by step how to for that

http://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/show/18153-physical-to-virtual-conversion-using-backup-exec-2012

Jaydeep S's picture

I am not sure if this is supported as not sure how can you create a UEFI partition on either VMWare or Hyper V

schroeder.32's picture

my last information was that backupexec can not convert uefi servers into virtual servers.

i think the backup must be converted into mbr?