Video Screencast Help

BE2012 browse selection and Selection Details are Different

Created: 10 Aug 2012 | 1 comment

I did a backup (BE2012 SP1a) and selection a lot of individule folders, it backed up and all was happy. I need to perform the same backup a month later but I need to select a different list of folders, so I used the brows tab to deselect the old folder and select the new folders. I saved this, whe I got back into it and look at the browse tab all is OK, if I look at the Selection Details tab it still holds the list of folders I first selected and not any of the modifications.

NB the selected files are on the same server that is performing the backup.

So any idea what its going to backup? I could just create a new job from scratch, but I should not have to.

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

Backup_Exec's picture

Hi
Q If I look at the Selection Details tab it still holds the list of folders I first selected and not any of the modifications.

Why don't you edit the job again and uncheck the whole server check box and for testing select only one folder under any drive and then check if that gets saved or it still show your old selection. If it works fine then may be you can edit again and check the folder which you want to backup.

Thanks.

Sameer

Don't forget to give a "Thumbs Up" or Mark as "Solution" if someones advice has helped you.