BE2012 "no appendable media" error but its a new tape
Created: 08 Feb 2014 • Updated: 08 Feb 2014 | 6 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.
Long story short, im restesting my environment for tape and disk backups, so consider this "from scratch".
- I have BE2012sp3 running on win2008r2sp1.
- Drive is an LTO4
- Media set is set to Overwrite protection 3 weeks/append period None - Infinite allow append
- Backup job is a full backup
- storage tab on backup jobs reads Append to media - Terminate job is no appendable media is available
- global storage settings are Partial
- tape is part of the scratch media set
I put the tape in and did a short erase. I started the backup job and it immediately failed throwing the error:
No appendable media could be mounted.
V-79-57344-33037 - Error - Mount failed.
Physical Volume Library Media not found.
Shouldnt the backup put the data on the tape since:
- Its been recently erased so the space exists (300 gig on an 800gig tape)
- The media is part of the scratch media set which sets no restrictions on the tape correct?