Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

BE2012 SBS-Edition VSS Error 13 + 8193 after each Logon on DC

Created: 08 Jul 2013 • Updated: 15 Jul 2013 | 5 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi all

I have a new installed SBS2011 (with all Patches) with BE2012 SP1a and also all hotfixes
each time hen i log me on the DC then a lot of vss-errors are reported. (10 times)
The Credentials for BE is the Domain-Admin

error: vss event 13 the COM-Server with CLSID  {e579ab5f-1cc4-44b4-bed9-de0991ff0623}  an Name  "Coordinator" cant be started. [0x800401f0, CoInitialize isnt started.]

each event 13 is following another error vss 8193
on Start from "CoCreateInstance(CLSID_VSSCoordinator)" raised unexpected error . hr = 0x800401f0, CoInitialize wasnt star

I have been searched for this Error and also checked VSS-related items but all without Success.

Can someone help please ?

best Regards

Martin

Operating Systems:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Martin-Siegenthaler's picture

Hi Jaydeep
Thaks for the answer - but this article does not solve my Problem.
(I have been checked this again and all was OK)

vss event 13 is the first one - maybe this should be the entrypoint.

i cannot understand why the vss errors occurs only when i logon to the DC.
The backupjob itself is working succesfull and without vss-errors.

Martin

Jaydeep S's picture

Does that happne only with a perticular use account or very specific to your account. I am not much of a Windows expert but it is certainly worth posting this on the Microsoft forums as this does not seem to be connected with Backup Exec as such.

I have been restored the system to a earlier state just without backup exec. The problem was not there. After installing BE again i have the listed vss errors.

Martin

i have been found the solution.

O&O defrag server v16 was also installed on this system.
Each of them is working without any errors in the eventlog if the program is installed without the other one.

so i have removed defrag. (forever, i have spent so many hours)

Martin

SOLUTION