Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

BE2012, SharePoint 2010 backup crashes beremote.exe

Created: 07 Oct 2012 | 8 comments

Hi,

in our environment Sharepoint 2010 backup crashes beremote.exe on the Backup Exec server (not the server being backed up) and obilously the backup fails.

My predecessor had installed a BE2012 server with this SharePoint 2010 job and there the incrementals crashed every time after a specific time. The server had other issues so I installed a new BE2012 server, (trial at the moment), but now the Full backup crashes the beremote.exe. This time the backup fails after 37 minutes.

Backup job has GRT enabled and AOFO disabled.. (the job actually completed succesfully when AOFO was enabled, but verify failed with corrupt data)

Any idea why this is happening? 

Event log error:

Faulting application name: beremote.exe, version: 14.0.1798.0, time stamp: 0x4f1e02d7
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec4aa8e
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000c40f2
Faulting process id: 0x1478
Faulting application start time: 0x01cda4bc0fd7130c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\beremote.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 8aa334c7-10b4-11e2-9a0c-00237ddd8296

Backup Exec job error:
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000ff14 - A communications failure has occurred with a Sharepoint resource.
Final error category: Resource Errors

Environment:

Backup Exec server:

8 CPU

32Gb Ram

SAN disks, includin boot

Windows 2008 R2

Backup Exec 2012 SP1a + hotfixes 194470, 189571 and 180964 installed

SharePoint 2010 -farm:

SQL 2008 R2 cluster, active/passive

2x SharePoint 2010 web servers

2x SharePoint 2010 indexing servers

All running Windows 2008 R2 and the remote agent has been updated after SP1a and all the servers rebooted.

Thanks, 

Petrus

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

ZeRoC00L's picture

Have you already installed BE 2012 SP1a ?
If not, install it first and update the remote agent and try again.

If this response answers your concern, please mark it as a "solution"

Petrus_KL's picture

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I've installed SP1a via live update and LU doesn't find any more updates.

VJware's picture

Does the backup complete successfully without GRT enabled ? If yes, then this issue might be similar to the one outlined in TECH193100 & would recommend to contact support.

Petrus_KL's picture

After disabling GRT the backup and verification complete succesfully. I tried creating a support incident, but the website is down atm..

VJware's picture

I think there us ongoing maintenance at the moment & you might try contacting via the phone & here are the contact numbers - http://www.symantec.com/support/techsupp_contact_p...

Jirka's picture

Hi Petrus,

I have a same problem. My full backup with GRT and AOFO is ok, but differential or incremental backup are ending with same fault of beremote.exe. Have you any information from support team?

Thanks,

Jirka

Petrus_KL's picture

Jirka, I had the same problems with incrementals on the previous server when I gave up and installed this new one.

I contacted support and we did a remote sessions to enable debug logging and restarted all the agents. Somehow after that the full backups started working, don't know why.

Sorry I couldn't help you more.

Nabil polska's picture

A hotfix is now available for this issue in the current version(s) of the product(s) mentioned in this article. Refer to the Hotfix link under Related Documents at the end of this article to obtain the hotfix needed to resolve the issue.

Backup Exec 2012 Revision 1798 Hotfix 180964