Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Be2012/ Where i can add the IP Adress\Share without the NDMP option

Created: 27 Nov 2012 • Updated: 06 Dec 2012 | 9 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello,

any idea where i can find to configure the IP Adress\Share path in BE2012 SP1a. i need no NDMP Option.

thank you

Lykantroph

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 9 CommentsJump to latest comment

Lykantroph's picture

Thank you,

I`ve found it and configure it but when i perform a backup i get the error: The Trial periode for Backup Exec or for an agent or option has expired. You must enter the serial number to continue.

At the first time i have installed the NDMP option as Trial version, the agend has expired.

Thank you

lykantroph

ZeRoC00L's picture

You need 1 remote agent licensed in order to be able to backup a remote server (can be a NAS device).

If this response answers your concern, please mark it as a "solution"

Lykantroph's picture

I have 10 remote agents licensed. Maby i should tell from the first step.

I remove the server with the ndmp option was defined in backup exec, after i restared the BE services i can see the server again. I remove the server and add the server with the File Server Wizard and performed a backup but i get alway the same error message.

ZeRoC00L's picture

What kind of device are you trying to create a backup of ?

ZeRoC00L's picture

How to Backup NAS (Network Attached Storage) NetApp Shares in Backup Exec for Windows Servers without the NDMP Option

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH60554

SOLUTION
Colin Weaver's picture

Is the NDMP Daemon still running on the NetApp?

Also what version of OnTap are your running - the latest OnTap version has implemented a more strict NDMP configuration which means even if the NDMP Daemon is stopped a response is still seen on Port 10000 and if Backup Exec gets a reponse it believes a remote agent is there and causes problems if you are trying to do share level backups - the fix for this is to use a software firewall on the media server to block outbound port 10000 going to the IP address of the NetApp

Lykantroph's picture

Hello,

i will tell you the solution, this i found it under Zeroc00l`s link http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH60554.

All the options in this document was in my BE2012 selected but when i have defined a user defined share i wrote not the fdqn name from the netapp and this was the mistake.

After i wrote the whole fdqn name, be2012 could connect to the netapp and show me the cif shares.

Thank you :-)

Lykantroph