Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

BE+Oracle, 0xe0001405-Unknown CORBA exception,

Created: 20 Oct 2010 | 8 comments

Backup of an Oracle database fails with an error as follows:

Final error: 0xe0001405 - Unknown CORBA exception. Unable to contact the media server. Confirm that the Backup Exec Job Engine service is running on the media server.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-5125

And, there is no firewall between Oracle and BE2010(on Windows Strorage Server 2003), I changed the port number from 5633 to 6633, 15633, the error was the same, then I add the "::1 localhost" in hosts file, although the IPv6/IPv4 was not used in the network, it did not work.

The reference is:http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH58180

could anybody give me a suggestion? thanks very much!

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

VJware's picture

Try restarting BE job engine service and oracle server remote agent service.

sunjun's picture

I have rebooted the oracle server, and reinstalled  the  remote agent,  they did not work also.

sunjun's picture

And, could you estimate that the error caused by BE, Oracle or other issues?

thanks!

sunjun's picture

could anybody give some help? I'm on an anxious seat now, thanks a lot!

sunjun's picture

Yes, I have added "::1 localhost" in the hosts file, althrough the OS is Windows server 2003, but not 2008, and IPv6/IPv4 was not used in the network. but it is no use

And there is no Tcpip6\Parameters\DisabledComponents key in the registry.

MohdAlim's picture

Hi Sunjun, do you any resolution for this yet? Coz I am also facing the same issue, but my client is a Windows 2000 server.

sunjun's picture

Hi all,

The backup job has been normal, this time, beside changing the port number, I re-plugged the network cable.

I need waiting for more days to see the run status. thanks for your support!