BESA has correct privileges but BE support tool dispays "Not Set."
Using Backup Exec 2012
Problem: Unable to run a restore. Receive the error: "The logon account that was provded is not a member of the Administrators group. Verify that the data that you selected was backed up. Additional privileges may be required to access the data on the Windows computer.."
Troubleshooting I performed:
- Ran the BE Support Tool to check service account credentials: The results: Create Token Object = not set, Log on as a Batch Job = not set, and Log on as a Service = not set.
- Verified the following BESA rights are correct under Local policy on media server, and in GPO:
- - Act as part of the os
- - Backup files and directories
- - Create a token object
- - Log on as a batch job
- - Log on as a service
- - Manage autiting and security log
- - Restore files and directories
- - Take ownership of files and other objects.
- Verified BESA is listed in AD Administratiors group.
- Added BESA to the local Administrators group.
- Ran gpudate /force (even though I did not change a polcy setting).
- Verified under Services.msc that the following are running and assigned to the BESA:
- - BE Device & Media Service
- - BE Server Service
- - BE Job Enginer
- Verified under Services.msc that the other BE services are running..
Any help is much appreciated.