Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

BESR 2010 fails to backup overnight but works fine when I manually start it

Created: 13 May 2010 | 1 comment

Our basic system: SBS 2003, running Exchange server on this machine.
Basic Backup : I am trying to backup the whole c: drive which includes the exchange data
Offsite drives: I use 2 USB (format NTFS) drives in rotation

The error I received last night when it was to do an incremental backup was:

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of (C:\).

Error EC8F040B: Cannot create incremental recovery point of C:\ drive.

Error E0BB0083: Unable to create incremental recovery point.

Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. CHECK failed, BitmapInternal::RunListBase<unsigned __int64>::RunListBase: d:\ComponentReleases\Base_Main\ws\Base/Dev/Bitmap/RunListBase.inl(158): mRunListCount < maxRuns. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

Derrick@DesignD's picture

I suspect my errors are related to the offsite copy backup.

The reason I believe this is that when I leave both usb offsite drives plugged in overnight (not an ideal situation as I now have no offsite copy) then the backup works fine. However when I remove one of them the backup no longer works. When I come in the next morning the product says that the bakup wasn't done and asks me to do it. I press ok to do the missed backup and if I leave the server as is for the next night (not attach the other backup drive) then the backup works fine. It appears

I have looked further into the event log and cannot see this error having occured previously. This error could be a one off, however the problem described above of the backup not working due to one drive being removed happens every night.