Video Screencast Help
Symantec Appoints Michael A. Brown CEO. Learn more.

BESR 2010 stops working the 1st of every month

Created: 04 Oct 2012 • Updated: 28 Nov 2012 | 8 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

We get the following error on two BESR 2010 installations on the first of every month.  The job starts at 2:00 am and about 22 minutes later, this is logged:

 

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of Sys (C:\), Data (E:\).
    Error E7D1001F: Unable to write to file.
        Error EBAB03F1: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

Details:
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

 

Both machines are Windows 2003 Server and are pushing backups to a Windows 2003 shared folder on another machine.

 

The job will fail daily until we reboot the machines, then BESR works fine until the 1st of the next month.

 

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

Markus Koestler's picture

Do you do the full backup on the first day of the month ?

Try to set the PoolUsageMaximum registry key : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304101

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

paule123's picture

Yes indeed, the job has the baseline backup defined as monthly, so that makes sense.  Will try the registry key and see how it goes.

 

TRaj's picture

Is this resolved?  You can also try : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH69002

We are requesting you to mark the forums as Solution , so that is makes easier for the viewer to search and refer the posts with "Solutions"

paule123's picture

Tripti, I won't know if it's resolved until, well, the first of the month... smiley

Markus Koestler's picture

The first of the month has passed, so what has been going on ?

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Markus Koestler's picture

Is it resolved now ?

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

paule123's picture

Yes, it is resolved, but I am not sure it was because of adjustments to the PoolUsageMaximum registry key.

Concidentally, large file copies (copying a 196 GB V2I file for instance) were failing over the direct gigabit LAN connection between the machines, and in researching this, I found a blog post suggesting to check the server's Performance settings.  Sure enough, whoever originally configured the server set the Processor Scheduling for "Programs" instead of "Background Services" and Memory Usage to "Programs" instead of "System Cache".  I had never thought to check those on a machine in a server role, because they always default to Background Services/System Cache.  Once I changed the settings on both machines and rebooted them, the large file copies began working without fail, and also BESR seems to be happy now.

 

SOLUTION
Markus Koestler's picture

Lucky you, so please at least mark your post as solution if your not confident that the PoolUsageMaximum was the key to success.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***