Video Screencast Help

BESR error EA39002E Seek error

Created: 22 Jun 2013 • Updated: 22 Jun 2013 | 7 comments

hello

I have BESR 2011 installed on Windows server 2003 32-bit (active directory) , i have a backup with restore anyware .

When i try to restore this backup on another different hardware using the SRD 15 CD i get in the end this error : Error EA39002E seek error .

If i restart the computer it's doesn't boot stating no boot device is present ( i checked the hard disk and everything is ok )

I tried deleted the drivers with the SRD but it didnt work .

I checked the hard disk with the SRD,used restore active partition (bootable) restore signature and restore MBR , but nothing worked .

Please advise me .

Operating Systems:

Comments 7 CommentsJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

Move to the correct forum

Chanklish's picture

how ? and what is the correct forum please ?!

pkh's picture

The correct forum is the SSR forum.  The BE forum is for Backup Exec.

Andy H.'s picture

Can you clarify what you are restoring with -- what happens when you boot to the SSR 2011 recovery disk and attempt the same? By the way, in 2011, the name changed from BESR to SSR. 

Andy Horlacher

Please mark this thread as 'solved' if it answers your question

Chanklish's picture

well i used the SSR 2011 to backup window server 2003 standard 32-bit with restore anyware enabled , the backup is only 3 days old .

I used SRD 15 to boot my pc and recover it on a different computer .. 

i used active partition and restore MBR and i even deleted the drivers from the restore anyware panel .

when it reaches 99% it gives error EA39002E seek error and if i try to restart the pc , it says boot device is not present even though the hard disk contains all the data..

I tried the restore on a fresh VMware machine and it worked like as charm 

Andy H.'s picture

Use the 2011 SRD to restore the image file rather that the SRD 15. When you downloaded SSR 2011, there was also a link to download the 2011 SRD. if you did not get it, go back to the link and grab that, then create a 2011 SRD.

Andy Horlacher

Please mark this thread as 'solved' if it answers your question

Chanklish's picture

Can use the SSR and the SRD 15 to create a custom bootable cd ?!