Best method of migrating a basic disk staging Storage Unit
this is my very first post. I have need to migrate to different storage one of my Master Servers STU's. Its a 5TB lun presented to the master server. we have a another Media server that doesn't use this STU
I dont wish to edit/ change all my polices/schedules in NBU, so wondered if the following is the best method.
1. Attach new storage to master server
2. Stop Netbackup
3. Unmount current /STU and remount it on a different path i.e /STU_OLD.
4. Create /STU on new storage
5. Copy all of the data and folders from /STU_OLD to /STU
6. Start netbackup
7. Unmount /STU_OLD and destroy
Should I use RSYNC to do the copy? Im a windows admin, and not particularly hot on UNIX.
Many thanks for any help given.