Best Practice - Monitor Solution 7.0/7.1
For a long time I have wanted to put together a Monitor Solution Best Practice though i want as many people to contribute to this as much as possible so i thought it would be best to start a discussion here so everyone could add their part to it.
I will start off with the following but please everyone feel free to add to this as much as possible.
- Agent/Plug-in Configuration - Under Data Collection Tab i recommend changing the "record metric values every" from 300 to 600
- Agent/Plug-in Configuration - Under Data Collection Tab i recommend changing the "record process values every" from 300 to 600
- Event Console Purging Maintenance - I recommend changing the maximum alerts from 150k to 50k
- By default we include all the informational alerts into the default policies - i recommend removing these from the default policies unless you really need to have them included.
- I recommend using the Windows Server Baseline Policy as the default Policy and then add further Policies as needed. These are available on the Monitor Pack Community Group and will be included in a future release by default.
These are just a few simple changes that i recommend. All of these will eventually be by default in the out of box install in a future release.
if anyone else has any additional recommendations please feel free to add them here. I really appreciate all the feedback and hopefully this will eventually add enough valuable information to create a Best Practice Document for Monitor Solution.