Best way to backup SQL and files at the same time
Got the following scenario at a client:
1. VMware solution with multiple VM servers, 1 of which is a Navision server (VMware backups are not needed here though).
2. Stand-alone HP ProLiant DL165 G5 server with an HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 autoloader connected.
3. Backups running across the local LAN which is a 1GB switch
4. AOFO NOT selected as I am backing up SQL and files at the same time.
5. GFS policy in place with FULL backups.
What I'd like is the following:
1. Backup files with AOFO.
2. Backup SQL to the same tape without AOFO
I've tried to create a duplicate job, but it never seemed to work correctly. This was when backing up Exchange to the same tape. When I logged a call with Symantec a few months ago, the guy couldn't have been more unhelpful and I just canned it.
However, I think it's time to correct my "failing" backups now.
I was thinking that I would create 2 jobs...1 for files etc (with AOFO), and the other for SQL and without...
Anybody want to point me in the right direction?