Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

BEWS 2012 How to identify backup images and media use

Created: 05 Mar 2013 • Updated: 06 Mar 2013 | 5 comments
RickAndrei's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi Fellow forumer,

I have to 2 questions regarding backup to disk after successfuly upgraded to BEWS 2012

Multiple Backup to Disk is no longer supported, We created 1 storage backup to disk storage 8TB disk space, We will backup 4 servers to that backup to disk storage.

Questions:

1. How can I identify the media use or a content of the media or backup imges (bkf) EXAMPLE: "Weekly Backup"

(Because we are copying a weekly backup to disk then burn it to DVDR and CDR then keeping it on the safety deposit box).

2. How can I choose the Weekly Backup in the disk storage folder?

Operating Systems:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

VJware's picture

Dont copy the bkf files to disk, instead use the Duplicate feature of Backup Exec. You may either a Duplicate stage to the Weekly Backups, else you may choose to duplicate the backup sets manually. (Double-click on the server, choose Backup Sets & then you can right--click the desired backup set to duplicate).

pkh's picture

we are copying a weekly backup to disk then burn it to DVDR and CDR then keeping it on the safety deposit box

You should copying .bkf files.  See this document

Reasons why copying backup to disk data files is NOT recommended.

You should always duplicate your backup sets.

SOLUTION
RickAndrei's picture

I will do the manual duplication, However how can I duplicate is it also to disk before burning it to DVDR?

pkh's picture

You can't burn them to your DVD because this is not supported.  You can get an external disk drive, duplicate to this and store it away.

RickAndrei's picture

hi pkh that's what i mean to say. anyway thanks for the help, Now I understand how can get the weekly backup....thanks a lot....