Video Screencast Help

Big files in the SEPM 12.1.1 RU1 C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\data\replication\inbox\BC6BB661A8D97FAF93D9C35239C436C5 directory ?

Created: 29 Nov 2012 • Updated: 29 Nov 2012 | 8 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi,

Can I actually delete the big files residing in C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\data\replication\inbox\BC6BB661A8D97FAF93D9C35239C436C5 directory 

because it seems that it is stuck in the SEPM server.

Thanks

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

pete_4u2002's picture

since you have set replication in your environment this directory is visible. the data from other site is copied here through replication process. the data.zip and the extracted folder should keep its timestamp changing (based on replication time).

if there is no replication , then you can delete it.

SOLUTION
.Brian's picture

If you're using replication than you need to leave it. Otherwise, you can delete it.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

John Santana's picture

Yes I am using Replication, but I don't know why that big file is stuck in there ?

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional

--------------------------------------------------

Please be nice to me as I'm newbie in this forum.

pete_4u2002's picture

it will be there , the next replication replaces these files with the latest timestamp.

These files are responsible of having the other site information ( selected during replication, logs, contents, groups, policies etc) to be inserted into the DB.

John Santana's picture

cool, so can I safely assume that this file will be gone / deleted once it is finished replicating ?

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional

pete_4u2002's picture

no, it will be there in the folder.

next replication this file will be replaced with another file (same name data.zip) and it gets extracte din the same folder.

The file will be there.

.Brian's picture

The file stays, it just gets overwritten with new data after each replication. That is if anything changed.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

John Santana's picture

great, that does make sense.

Thanks everyone !

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional