Video Screencast Help

Bkexec2012 Some SQL DBs Greyed Out

Created: 17 Oct 2013 | 6 comments

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help.  I have a Bkexec2012 version with all the relevant SQL agents etc installed, however when I backup a remote sql server some of the databases are greyed out.

I can see the size of the db but the backup simply does not back them up.

The account I am using is a domain admin account and the same account works fine with other backup exec versions I have, bkexec 12.5 can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Kind regards in advance

Simon

Operating Systems:

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

lmosla's picture

Hello Simon,

Make sure you have the license for SQL installed. If you have any antivius running exclude all the database files from the virus scan. Try running a repair install and verify that all the Backup Exec Live updates have been run along with the agent pushed out to the remote servers.

Simon_Pert1974's picture

Hi Imosla,

Thank you for your reply.  I could be being daft here but if I back up other sql databses from the same server, the Master DB etc, they all backup absoluely fine.

Would that point to permissions of some sort?  The account I am using is a domain admin and a member of backup operators group.

The same accounts backs up BKEXEC 12.5 SQL dbs okay.

Thank you for your reply

Best wishes

Simon

Colin Weaver's picture

If those databases contain Sharepoint data they might be greyed out because the need backing up using the Sharepount Agent and via the Sharepoint farm and not using the SQL Agent.

Simon_Pert1974's picture

Thank you for your reply Colin, the data is all SQL and no sharepoint data but thank you for your reply.

Best wishes

Simon

lmosla's picture

Have you physically gone to the databases to verify they are online?

also try rebooting the server when you can.

VJware's picture

Would you pls post a screenshot of these DBs ?

Are these 'greyed' out DBs on a same SQL instance or across instances ? If same instance, are other 'visible' DBs part of this instance as well ?