Block the usb access except .doc and .docx file, is it possible?
I have not implemented the policy in my network but may be below step work. Try it first in test enviornment then after that implement
Check this thread
Thanks In Advance
SEPM Knowledgebase Documents
Agree with above comment. It can help to manage the USB device with RO acess and as well as able to copy document file in USB.
To use Application Control:
1. Select the Application Control view.
2. Select (Check Mark) "Make all removable devices read-only" (For example) and select Edit.
3. Select "Block writing to all files and folders", under "Do not apply to the following files and folders", select Add...
4. Under "File or Folder Name To Match" enter a * (An Asterisk).
5. Select (Check mark) "Only match on the following device id type", press Select.
6. Select (Highlight) the device added to the hardware list (The unique USB device added previously.) and press OK.
7. Press OK to close windows until at the "Application and Device Control Policies" window of the SEPM