I need a policy which can block every website except selected website that i mention.
You can use the SEP firewall
Here is how to block with firewall
Blocking a Website using Symantec Endpoint Protection
SEP Firewall "Did You Know...?" - How To Monitor Web Traffic
Check this Video
How to Restrict Users to Specific Web Sites by Creating Firewall Rules for Managed Clients
Check the below Symantec Articles.
How to block all websites and allow only certain websites using Network Threat Protection Firewall rule.
About the Symantec Endpoint Protection firewall
How To Block Internet address via Sep Manager Firewall Rule
Allow & Block websites using SEP firewall
try this link,
few Articles :
Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.
Follow these steps as you do not want the users to visit to any website except for certain sites no matter what browser they use.
The above configuration can be done by creating only 2 firewall rules. Please follow the below steps to configure the rules.
1. Go to Firewall policy > Rules.
2. Click on Add Rule button. Select Host > Next > From Address Type drop down menu select DNS domain.
3. Select DNS Domain as *.* then Click Next > Click Finish.
4. Once the rule is created, highlight the New Rule. Go to Service column, right click and edit, then select Add. The rule will be TCP, Source/destination with remote port 80,443 click ok and ok again. Then go to Action column and make it set to "Block".
The above rule is to block all the websites. To create a rule to allow only selected websites, please follow the steps below.
1. Go to firewall policy> Rules.
2. Click on Add Rule. Select Host > Next > From Address Type drop down menu select DNS domain.
3. Enter DNS Domain as *.*symantec*.* This is an example which means all the urls related to symantec will be allowed.
4. Click Next > Click Finish. Multiple websites can be added to the same rule.
5. Once the rule is created, highlight the new rule. Go to Action column and make it to Allow.
Note: Place the "Allow" rule on top of "Block" rule.
Assign the policy to the required group. This will allow only the selected website and block all other website.
Caution: If the above rule is applied to the SEPM itself, we need to allow Symantec domain in order to run the liveupdate. This should be applicable to all the machine where Liveupdate will run.
Check these articles -
1) How to block all website and allow only certain websites using Network Threat Protection Firewall rule.
2) How to block/allow website access using the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager custom Intrusion Prevention Signature policy
3) Video: Allow and Block websites using Symantec Endpoint Protection Firewall
4) Article: How To Block Internet address via Sep Manager Firewall Rule
5) How to Restrict Users to Specific Web Sites by Creating Firewall Rules for Managed Clients
Hope that helps!!
Symantec Enterprise Technical Support Engineer, SEP
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3
Please refer the link below
Is this still an open issue? Have you tried the above suggestions?
Have you checked the policy for blocking