File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Blue Screen after PGP 10.0.1 installed (Windows XP Pro - Lenovo T410)

Posted Sep 26, 2011 08:19 AM

Hello - I am running Windows XP Professional SP3 on a Lenovo T410. I installed PGP 10.0.1 (about says it's version 10.0.1.4054) Friday night - took about 8+ hours to encrypt my hard drive. After finishing I shutdown & attempted to power up. I enter my psw phrase successfully & it appears Windows is about to start but then I recieve the infamous Blue Screen.  Installing the PGP was all I did (no other changes to my laptop). I was not able to restore any previous system restore point (said they were unsuccessful).

I have been able to come up in SAFE MODE with Networking. I saw reference to MS patch KB2393802 casuing issues but, I have confirmed I do not have that installed.  The Intel Graphis Media Accelerator HD driver is 12/18/09 v6.14.10.5200 - I saw references to the driver as potential issues but I searched for a more updated version & response was I had the most current.

Any thoughts, ideas?

Thanks alot!

• 2.  RE: Blue Screen after PGP 10.0.1 installed (Windows XP Pro - Lenovo T410)

Posted Sep 26, 2011 08:48 AM

This Knowledge Base Article will help in the recovery of your system.  You may want to review the 10.0.1 Release Notes for any known conflict with your system.  There is also the chance that there is some more recent OS or Software update on your system that might cause a problem with that relatively old version of PGP - the current version is 10.2.

• 3.  RE: Blue Screen after PGP 10.0.1 installed (Windows XP Pro - Lenovo T410)

Posted Sep 26, 2011 10:01 AM

If recovery and ugprade don´t work, try updating wireless, NIC and video drivers.

At last, you can try to disable Single Sign On feature. This is the command together with the msi installation file.

msiexec /I pgpdesktop.msi PGP_INSTALL_SSO=0

Reboot and check

regards