Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  BMServer refusing to start after 9.0.1 upgrade

Posted Jul 18, 2010 11:04 PM
    I recently upgraded our Brightmail appliance from 7.7 to 8.03 with no issue, everything worked fine. But then I went ahead and updated from 8.03 to 9.0.1-10 which completed without error, but now the BMService does not start. When I try to access the host configuration, I get "Cannot retrieve the Directory Data Service configuration". When I checked the Directory configuration, it's working and does queries successfully against LDAP (Active Directory).  However, if I try to make any changes to the Directory configuration, I get "The Scanner has been deleted by another user and no longer exists". Restarting the MTA from the command line doesn't start the bmserver. I did not make any changes prior to going from 8.03 to 9.0.1 so I am unsure what's caused it to start failing. I even deleted and recreated the Directory connection and it had no effect.

Ideas would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: BMServer refusing to start after 9.0.1 upgrade

Posted Jul 19, 2010 04:16 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your recent enquiry....

Can you please remove DDS source completely.

Log on to Command line and run Command to delete ddsdata.

once this is done completly.... Make sure that you can start BMServer.

Add DDS source again and see it is working now....

Please let us know if that resolves...

• 3.  RE: BMServer refusing to start after 9.0.1 upgrade

Posted Jul 19, 2010 08:07 AM
    I've removed the source and the ddsdata but restarting the MTA does not restart the bmserver. Is there a command to restart just the bmserver? Trying to access the host configuration gets me the same Directory error.