Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Brightmail 6.0.5 - Problem with Server showing not updating.

Posted Apr 12, 2009 09:46 PM
    The server is showing that the Brightmail has not been updated since November 29th last year.  Also, the logs in the server stop at that point.  When checking the xml file in stats directory is showing all the updates coming through.  

How do I fix the problem of the server not showing the update?

Thanks
    john

• 2.  RE: Brightmail 6.0.5 - Problem with Server showing not updating.

Posted Apr 13, 2009 11:42 AM
    What operating system is this installed on? If it is Windows, try to restart the Tomcat service. Otherwise I would suggest that you try to run a mysql auto-repair.

You can find information on how to do so within the following document:

Title: 'How to check or repair a MySQL database when errors are returned for the installed version of Symantec Brightmail AntiSpam 6.x or Symantec Mail Security for SMTP 5.x'
    Document ID: 2004110407532763
    > Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-gate.nsf/docid/2004110407532763?Open&seg=ent

I would also suggest that you run an optimize after you run the auto-repair. You do this by modifying the command and replace "--auto-repair" with "--optimize".

Please keep in mind that this can take some time depending on how large your database is. It will not interrupt mail flow, however, it will slow performance.

Please also note that we are up to version 6.1 for Brightmail. This is worth looking in to.

Hope this helps!