Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

BW 9.1 IDR network restore on Server 2003, network cannot be configured

Created: 20 Jan 2005 • Updated: 21 May 2010 | 3 comments

Hi everyone,

when performing a test of an IDR scenario, I had to abort because the server could not connect to the media mediaserver.

The hardware setup is the following:
(1) Media server: Dell PE 4600 with Dell PV 132 LPT2-Library, BE 9.1 installed, IDR and remote IDR options installed. OS: Server 2003, Std Ed.
(2) Remote server Dell PE 2800, backed up nightly via BE remote agent. OS: Server 2003, Std. Ed.

I created bootable IDR-CDs for both of the servers without a problem.

When starting the restore process, I reconfigured the RAID-Array and added the necessary drivers during the installation process.

When trying to perform a remote restore I am asked for the network data of the media server. After entering the data and clicking continue I get the message that the remote media server cannot be found. Entering the media server's IP-address has no effect.

Opening a command window shows that no network configuration has been performed for the machine which is to be restored.

When I try to accomplish the network setup using netsh (as descirbe in KB article 267835), I get the error message, that the LIbrary "DGNET.DLL" could not be loaded. This Lib is available on the system in the C:\windows\system32-directory.

This happens, no matter if I chose an automatic, paritally automatic or manual restore of the data.

How can I make the necessary network setup to connect to the media server?

Thanks in advance -- Stephan

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Abhinav Bindroo's picture

Try entering the Server name only (not the domain) during the connection to remote media server

Following technote might be useful

http://support.veritas.com/docs/260516

Cheers

Sheetal Risbood's picture

Hi,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

Sheetal Risbood's picture

As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.