Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Can anyone download SEP content 1/22/2013 rev. 4 ?

Created: 22 Jan 2013 • Updated: 12 Feb 2013 | 6 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Can anyone download SEP AV  definition Jan 22 2013 rev. 4 ?

It has been advertised as available here http://www.symantec.com/security_response/definitions.jsp

for four hours or more (at least since 09:00 this morning CT,  or 07:00 AM PT USA).

My SEPMs and SEP clients cannot see this update at all, versions 11 and 12.1.

I even bypassed the corporate firewall a few minutes ago, and what I got is still 20130121.019

or Jan. 21, 2013 rev19.

Thanks

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

My SEPM has yet to download it although it has been available for awhile as you've seen

Not sure what's going on, hopefully nothing serious.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

SebastianZ's picture

Seems to be available on symantec servers but does not get downloaded by SEPM at all - not sure what the problem is but seems to be on symantec side.

.Brian's picture

please keep us updated, if you can.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

SOLUTION
SebastianZ's picture

Defs 01/22/13 rev 4 just have been downloaded on my SEPM - please try on your side - should be working now - apparently the information about them was posted on the symantec servers faster than the definitions itself.

John Cooperfield's picture

The time is 13:33 CT  (11:33 PT)   and I just received at least three kinds of content including AV defs 64 bit.

19:33 GMT  UTC.

We received 1/22/2013 rev. 4.

This post is now somewhat moot, but I have been noticing some inconvenient lags [edit] lately.

If I see an AV def revision is posted, I want to be able to get it to my SEPM  if I am ready to do certain manual processes.

Thanks

John Cooperfield's picture

PS  Windows 7 lets you have two clocks so you can get GMT or UTC time easily.  (Edited)