Can NBU supports non VxFS volume and enable Snapshot function
We are doing several projects about NBU 6.5.5 aganist IBM SVC. But now we have some problems during configuration.
I'd appreciate it if you can help us.
Can NBU supports non VxFS volume and enable Snapshot function in our testbed?
" Disk" is selected as storage unit.
OS: RHEL5/SLES 10 SP1/hp-ux 11.31/hp-ux 11.23
1. Install NB_65_LinuxR_x86_20070723, NB_65_CLIENTS2_20070723 and SnapShot Client(NB_65_UOptions_20070723) on one RHEL5 server.
2. Update all software from version 6.5 to 6.5.5.
3. Assign 2 disks from storage and configured them by DMMP. (In Solaris, use Solaris default multipath tool)
4. Mount these two disks.
/dev/mapper/mpath1p1 on /mnt/p1 type ext3 (rw)
/dev/mapper/mpath2p1 on /mnt/p2 type ext3 (rw)
5. Create Storage Unit. Use mpath2 as storage unit.
6. Create policy.
Policy Type: Standard
Policy Storage: mpath2
Enable Snapshot Client function by choosing "Perform Snapshot Backups".
Snapshot Client Options: auto
Backup Selections: /mnt/p2
7. Clicking "OK" button.
After "Validating Snapshot Client Configuration", error message "Snapshot could not be created with auto method" was prompted. (The same result if using other method)
8. If using Vxvm to manager disks and make filesystem as VxFS, Snapshot Client function can be enabled by chossing "auto" as "Snapshot Client Options" without error.
On HP-UX 11.31, "Snapshot Client" function can't be enabled even using VxFS volume(It can be enabled on HP-UX 11.23). Same error "Snapshot could not be created with xx method" is prompted.
OS: HP-UX 11.31
No error when installing NBU and VXVM.