Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  "Can not allocate Page Table Memory" when ghosting HP6560b

Posted Oct 13, 2011 03:23 PM

I've done lots of searching on this issue and so far I've had zero luck putting an image up to my ghost server from a HP ProBook 6560b. The most recent solution I've tried was found in this thread: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/could-not-allocate-page-table-memory-1. I'm pretty sure I set everything up as it needed to be. I created a bootable USB and added in the HIMEMX.EXE file as a device in the config.sys and everything booted up just fine. However when it gets to the 98% after an hour of trying to ghost, it bombs out with that error. Any insite would be great.

• 2.  RE: "Can not allocate Page Table Memory" when ghosting HP6560b

Posted Oct 13, 2011 03:56 PM

Have you tried using WINPE

The best practice which I would try is to go with WINPE.

• 3.  RE: "Can not allocate Page Table Memory" when ghosting HP6560b

Posted Oct 13, 2011 09:00 PM

Without having an exact copy of the same machine, there's basically no way of diagnosing this, and even with the actual hardware and data producing the fault in the hands of an expert, it'd be a nightmare given that development tools for analysing faults like this don't exist any more.

Either use Windows PE, or the Linux tools. Manufacturers don't actually test their machines for DOS compatibility at all these days and so many of them are increasingly incapable of doing so.

• 4.  RE: "Can not allocate Page Table Memory" when ghosting HP6560b

Posted Oct 14, 2011 07:12 AM

Would I do that the same way I used HIMEMX.EXE?

• 5.  RE: "Can not allocate Page Table Memory" when ghosting HP6560b

Posted Oct 14, 2011 09:17 AM

Nigel Bree is right; he is the former developer of Ghost.

Try using WINPE but make sure while adding NIC and SATA drivers it must be Windows Vista 32 bit as WINPE 2.0 is Vista Kernel.