Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Can we have KB2533552 in Patch Management?

Created: 29 Mar 2013 • Updated: 02 Apr 2013 | 4 comments
JJV's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Not sure if this is where we can request a patch be added to the PMImport.  KB2533552 is needed on many of my systems in order to upgrade them to Win 7 SP1.  

Since SP0 is end of life in April, this would help me prep for the upgrade. It might not get done in time to help me, but it might assist others.

"An update that prevents a "0xC0000034" error message when you try to install Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 is available"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2533552

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Sachin Sawant's picture

To resolve this issue, first restore your computer to a point in time before you installed Windows 7 SP1 by using the System Recovery Options menu in Windows. Next, install the update described in this topic. Then, after you've installed the update, try reinstalling SP1.
Show all

Step 1: Restore your computer using the System Recovery Options menu
Step 2: Install Update for Windows (KB2533552)
Step 3: Reinstall Windows 7 SP1

JJV's picture

Yes thats how you fix it.  It would be nice to pre-emptively mitigate this with Patch, thus me asking for it in the PMImport.  I'd rather not have to restore 18,000 endpoints :)

Joshua Rasmussen's picture

Hello JJV,

This update is already available for deployment in PM 7.1 SP1+ and you may view that on the Console > Actions > Software > Patch Remediation Center bundled in Microsoft Bulletin: MSWU-515.

For future reference: the method I used to find this update is detailed on KM: TECH198736.

I hope this helps,

Joshua

SOLUTION