Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Can we use this with external clients -Endpoint Encryption- Removal Storage 8.2.1?

Posted Nov 20, 2014 01:34 AM

Hello Team,

I have recently purchased Endpoint  Encryption- Removable Storage 8.2.1. After going through the manuals, I am not sure whether I will able to encrypt/decrypt external storage ourside the organization?

For example, I encrypt the USB insde the organization. But will I be able to decrpt the same device if I take it to a machine which is outside the organization? ( different company).

I will appreciate your help.

Regards

Jiten

• 2.  RE: Can we use this with external clients -Endpoint Encryption- Removal Storage 8.2.1?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 21, 2014 06:24 PM

Yes, absolutely you can access the encrypted data outside of the corporate environemtn.
    You will need to enable the Removable Storage Access Utility, and make sure it gets placed on the removable drive in order to decrypt data outside of the organization. This can be set via policy in the Removable Storage options on the server.

• 3.  RE: Can we use this with external clients -Endpoint Encryption- Removal Storage 8.2.1?

Posted Feb 03, 2015 11:27 AM

Jitenbj, good morning, I just wanted to follow back up with you to ensure you received everything you were looking for. Do you require any further assistance with this issue? Do you have any new questions or concerns?

Thank you and have a good day.