Video Screencast Help

Cannot find Mac OS X installer for pcAnywhere 12.5

Created: 10 Oct 2012 • Updated: 12 Oct 2012 | 3 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I just purchased pcAnywhere, and cannot find the Mac OS X installer on the download.  It only has the Windows software.  I've tried to create a new support case, but keep getting Tomcat exception: "The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request."

Where is the Mac OS X installer?  I had been using pcAnywhere 12.0 with the Mac just fine, but since upgrading the Mac to an Intel machine, pcAnywhere 12.0 will not run.  

Does anyone have a download link or something to pcAnywhere 12.5 for OS X?

Many thanks,

Bruce

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

ICHCB's picture

Are you looking for the Cross Platform Remote (CPR) Installer on the 12.5.5 (sp4) pcanywhere download?    CPR was removed from the product at 12.5.5 (sp4)  If you are looking to install hosts on the osx you will need a windows machine to create the thin host installer with.   :(

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5442

Check the section on features removed from 12.5

cheers

If you find this post helpful please give it a thumbs up!
If you find that this solves your problem please mark it as the solution! 

SOLUTION
bgarlock's picture

Ahh, I see - the Mac client has be deprecated.  It was convenient to be able to control pcAnywhere hosts from my Mac, but since moving to OS 10.7, I can no longer run PPC based apps, where pcAnywhere 12.0 ran just fine.

Hopefully I can install 12.5 SP4 with 'Wine' or 'PlayOnMac'.  

Thanks for the info..

ICHCB's picture

And make sure you are aware 12.5.5 i(sp4) isn't backwards compatible with older versions of pcA even if it is installed on a PC.

Cheers.

If you find this post helpful please give it a thumbs up!
If you find that this solves your problem please mark it as the solution!