Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Cannot finish SEE 11.1 installation. Error 25108. Cannot store Master Password to DB.

Posted May 26, 2016 10:46 AM

I'm trying to install SEE 11.1 in a brand new Win Server 2008 R2 with brand new SQL Express 2008 R2 installed locally.

This is different from other forum discussions posted before.

New database instance created, in a new installation (is not an upgrade). I'm not using any BETA version neither. I'm not selecting TLS/SSL option.

Please Help.

Thanks,

Federico

Attachment(s)

txt
    see-logfile.txt   5.49 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Cannot finish SEE 11.1 installation. Error 25108. Cannot store Master Password to DB.

Posted May 26, 2016 11:10 AM

EVENT VIEWER

Product: Symantec Endpoint Encryption Management Server -- Error 25108.Cannot store Master Password to DB. Unable to save Encrypted Server Key to temp file : No se pudieron convertir algunas o todas las referencias de identidad.. Error: Unable to save Encrypted Server Key to temp file : No se pudieron convertir algunas o todas las referencias de identidad..

• 3.  RE: Cannot finish SEE 11.1 installation. Error 25108. Cannot store Master Password to DB.

Posted Jun 01, 2016 11:20 AM

I have seen this issue before on a new install.  Did you create the database before installing the SEE Management Server?  Creating the database beforehand will cause the program installation to malfunction, as the schema will not be correct, and the values expected will not be available.  You need to let the installation process do the database creation.  You should only select to use an existing database if you have a current, functional SEE installation.

• 4.  RE: Cannot finish SEE 11.1 installation. Error 25108. Cannot store Master Password to DB.

Posted Jun 01, 2016 11:44 AM
      |   view attached

Nop. I followed the wizard and then it create a new database named "SEEMSDb".

I even tried to provide login domain user (used for Windows Authentication) more permissions over SQL Security but nothing changes.

A support technician told me that the problem is caused by SO installed in spanish language (only EN language supported for SEEMS).

Now I've changed the language to EN of my win server 2012 r2 (using language pack installation) but the problem remains... I'll have to install a brand new win server 2012 r2 using the EN iso and I hope this solve the problem...

• 5.  RE: Cannot finish SEE 11.1 installation. Error 25108. Cannot store Master Password to DB.

Posted Sep 08, 2016 03:03 PM

Hi fedegil

Did reinstalling with english language worked for you?

I have the same issue but I'm using a portuguese windows.

• 6.  RE: Cannot finish SEE 11.1 installation. Error 25108. Cannot store Master Password to DB.

Posted Sep 08, 2016 03:23 PM

Hi rodrigoleme,

Yes was caused by the language of your OS. As stated in the following article https://support.symantec.com/content/unifiedweb/en_US/article.INFO3679.html

After rebuild the server in english language I didn't have the issue anymore.

Regards and good luck,

fedegil

I made a support case and they told me that:

"Currently Symantec Endpoint Encryption Management Server 11.X does not support non-English. Only English operating systems are supported for SEEMS 11.X.
    "One option would be to re-build the server and install it in English language..."