Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Cannot get Maintenancewindows status, error 0x80004001

Posted Nov 25, 2013 12:25 PM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

I am using Altiris Deployment Solution 7.5 to deploy an image to unknown and one pre-defined computer. I am getting this error "cannot get maintenance windows status, error 0x80004001" in SMP.log on the client. Its a windows 7 x64 imiage which was captured earlier without any issues. Logs are attached for reference.

Your suggestins are more than welcome.

Attachment(s)

zip
    PectAgent & SMP Logs.zip   9 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Cannot get Maintenancewindows status, error 0x80004001

Posted Nov 27, 2013 09:50 AM

The maintenance window message in automation is rarely, if ever, an issue.  The Automation Agent is a trimmed-down agent that is lacking some of the pieces of code, and this is one of the messages / processes it can't manage.  This is a warning that will happen over and over.

I looked at your logs, and from what I can tell, no task was ever received.  That is, you didn't ask it to do anything.  The system connected, and then sat waiting for instructions.  If it's a new system, you need to configure Initial Deployment for an "automatic" run of a job, or re-deployment for predefined computers or... whatever.  Otherwise, you need to assign a job/task to this system for it to do something.  The simple truth is, without instructions, it doesn't know what else to do.  You told it to boot to automation, but didn't give it any image task or... whatever.

Try to get a task assigned to it and see if it works.  :D