Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Cannot Image Optiplex 745.

Posted Apr 10, 2007 10:02 AM
    I need help,

I have been trying to image a Dell Optiplex 745 that has a Broadcom NIC. My problem is once the computer restarts it skips the PC dos screen and boots up to Windows sysprep. I have done this with other Dell models and they all boot up to the PC Dos/Ghost console without a hip-cup. I have tried and install the NDIS drivers from the Broadcom website but this does not work either, am I the only one with this problem on the Opti 745 pc?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

--KidTech

• 2.  RE: Cannot Image Optiplex 745.

Posted Apr 10, 2007 02:47 PM
    740 and 745 ships default with pxe boot disabled.  you need to enable it in bios.

• 3.  RE: Cannot Image Optiplex 745.

Posted Apr 12, 2007 06:18 AM
    hi,

Optiplex745 uses upgraded driver version of Broadcom NIC. the old version of Broadcom driver cant support the Optiplex745. for this u need to create a DOS template from the Broadcom driver which u got from the Dell resource CD. after extracting the driver from the CD look for a B57.dos file. than make a copy of Broadcom DOS template from the "Symantec Ghost boot wizard" and give path to this B57.dos file which u extracted from the Dell CD. once template is ready u have to assign this new dos template to the client in the Ghost console. then u can ghost your system.

regards,
    Raghu.

• 4.  RE: Cannot Image Optiplex 745.

Posted Apr 13, 2007 08:51 PM
    Also make sure you get a copy of the updated "DIS_PKT.DOS" file. You will need to replace that file on your boot disk as well.

Message Edited by jsmcallister on 04-13-200705:51 PM

• 5.  RE: Cannot Image Optiplex 745.

Posted Apr 30, 2007 05:10 PM
    Rhagu I have try this and is like I have not done anything. I have tripled checked my settings and all looks as it should. All I see is the PC-DOS screen for 2 second and then it reboots on to Windows sysprep which real odd to me. Why is this NIC so.... Well you get it crappy!~  Are the any other drivers or templetes I can use to accomplish my Ghosting goals?

Thanks in advance,

--Kidtech

• 6.  RE: Cannot Image Optiplex 745.

Posted Apr 30, 2007 05:12 PM
    Where can I get this? Can you be a little more specific on how to do this?

--Kidtech

• 7.  RE: Cannot Image Optiplex 745.

Posted May 01, 2007 02:27 AM
    Hi,

I have given the instructions to update the BC57 driver in the following post.

It did work for him, could you try that too?

If you have the problem still, could you press F8 when it says 'Starting PCDOS' and select step by step mode? This will allow you to find out exactly where it fails. However, based on the information you have given, it should work with the new driver.

Krish