Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Cannot install Secondary Parent Server - SAV 10.1.5

Posted Jan 10, 2008 11:23 AM
    Hi there.

I'm currently rolling out a new install of 10.1, the plan is to have 1 Primary Parent and 6 Secondary Parents, however I've hit a problem when installing the secondary servers.

From SCC I choose 'Antivirus Server Rollout' from the tools menu and follow the wizard through, selecting the secondary servers to install to, then selecting our SAV group and entering the username and password for the group before continuing through the install wizard. The installation starts and the setup screen shows that it is 'Copying Files' on all target servers, before moving to an 'Unknown State'. If I leave the setup running for some time, it eventually gives me a pop-up box to tell me it cannot communicate with the target servers and asks me if I want to continue waiting... I say no, and when I check the Event Viewer logs on each of the servers 5 of the secondary servers sya "Antivirus Server Installation Failed" however the 6th has worked!

I've re-run the install half a dozen times and I've had no luck on the 5 remaining servers. Log files in the temp folder on the SCC machine tell me there were "0 Installation Errors".

All boxes are identical build, and in the same Domain/LAN. Any thoughts on how to proceed?

• 2.  RE: Cannot install Secondary Parent Server - SAV 10.1.5

Posted Jan 10, 2008 11:10 PM
    Have you tried running the setup manually yet? I know that's probably not your preferred method, but it may help shed some light on the problem.

• 3.  RE: Cannot install Secondary Parent Server - SAV 10.1.5

Posted Jan 11, 2008 04:14 AM
    Yes. When running the install locally/manually, I get to the point where I have to specify the group name (SAV) and the setup doesn't recognise that the group already exists. If I specify the SAV group by name, setup asks me if I want to create it! The Primary Server is running and I can ping it from the secondary, but for some reason it can't see that the SAV group already exists - I assume this is why the automated setup process is also failing...

• 4.  RE: Cannot install Secondary Parent Server - SAV 10.1.5

Posted Jan 11, 2008 12:23 PM
    Okay, problem sorted.
    Ran local setup and installed the servers into seperate new/different groups, then from SCC dragged and dropped servers from the new groups into the original.