Data Center Security

View Only
  • 1.  Cannot log into SDCSS 6.0 Manager after upgrade from SCSP 5.2.9

Posted Jun 03, 2014 04:21 PM

I just did upgraded my test SCSP 5.2.9 Manager and Server to SDCS 6.0. I installed both the Server and Console.

After completing the upgrade I attempted to log into the console, but I get the following error:

Login Failed.
    SDCSS could not log you on. Make sure your user name and password are correct, and that your System Administrator has given you permission to use this application

I then tried to log in with 'symadmin'. I followed the steps to clear the password in the dbo.USR table for 'symadmin'. But I still get the same login failed message.

What else can I try? I am certain that I have my username and password correct. And the connection information in the server.xml appears to be correct and unchanged from pre-upgrade. I validated that this worked before beginning the upgrade.

• 2.  RE: Cannot log into SDCSS 6.0 Manager after upgrade from SCSP 5.2.9

Posted Jun 04, 2014 12:03 PM

Did you upgrade the console also?  Just wondering if you are sing the older console to log onto the new manager.  We switched to storing the passwords with a salted SHA-256 . . . 

• 3.  RE: Cannot log into SDCSS 6.0 Manager after upgrade from SCSP 5.2.9

Posted Jun 04, 2014 12:23 PM

Yes. I did upgrade the Console and Local Agent as well.

I noticed that my Tomcat logs were complaining about not being able to query "SALT" within the DBO table. Upon looking, there was not a SALT column in the USR table. I added it as nvarchar(256) and then upon the next login attempt it updated the SALT value and PWD value. But still failed to login. I suspect that there are other tables and columns missing because the Tomcat sis-console log shows the following errors:

Invalid object name 'SVA_ASSET_VW'.

Invalid object name 'GVM_VW'.

Is there anything additional that I need to do to update the database? I have:

1. Re-ran server installer
    2. Verified that the scspdba account is the database owner

• 4.  RE: Cannot log into SDCSS 6.0 Manager after upgrade from SCSP 5.2.9

Posted Jun 04, 2014 01:44 PM

Check the install log in the DCSS directory.  Look to see if the database schema update failed.  Very infrequently, I have seen upgrades that fail to update the database schema.  This can also occur if you do a Tomcat Only install of SCSP.

If this is a test environment, just reinstall from scratch, as you have already edited the database by adding that column . . . Which support will tell you is a big no-no.