Cannot restore log files to staging location or temp folder
I am testing the BE 2010 to backup and restore Exchange 2007. My test environment is below.
- Computer DC is a domain controller.
- Computer BK is joined domain with BE 2010. Run the Backup and Restoration job from BK.
- Computer EXCH is joined domain with Exchange 2007.
After completed full backup of Exchange database successfully, I start a restoration. In the restoration job, I choose following options.
- Don't select Exchange redirection
- Check "restore all transaction logs;don't delete existing transaction logs"
- Unchek "commit after restore completes"
- Enter "d:\temp" in the filed "path on exchange server for temporary storage of log and path files"
After restored successfully, I cannot find the restored log files and the restore.env file in the folder "d:\temp", and these files were restored ton the default log folders.
According to someone's discussion, I reset the staging location and the temp location from Option menu. But the issue still existd, all log files and the restore.env were restored to my default log folder.
- Using Tools->Options, one is on the "Restore" page, the other is on the "Microsoft Exchange" page.
- In the restore job, one is on the "Advanced" page, the other is on the "Microsoft Exchange" page.
- The Restore or Advanced page allows you to specify the directory local to the media server that will be used for "unpacking" if needed.
- The Microsoft Exchange page allows to specify the directory on the Exchange server that will be used.