Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Cannot send email - Symantec Email Proxy 1003,9

Posted Nov 01, 2010 03:03 AM
      |   view attached

My company is using Symantec Endpoint protection 11.0.5002.

Startign form last week, many users (using Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007) complained they can't send particular email to a group of users and received something Symantec Email Proxy 1003, 9.

After surfing this community if look like this kind of problem happened accross in different generations of Symantec products..

- happen in emails are either with or without attachment

- happen in emails are either FW or RE or even NEW email

Unfortunately most of the discussion topics cannot help me to resolve my situation. According to other topics, the problem is resolved after removeal of SEP.

It start to seriously hamper our operation seriously. Anyone can share some workaround solution?

Thanks,

Michael

• 2.  RE: Cannot send email - Symantec Email Proxy 1003,9

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2010 03:31 AM

have you checked this one as well.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH122425&locale=en_US

mostly it is due to threat in the system, you may uninstall outlook plugin of SEP and let know if it helps.

• 3.  RE: Cannot send email - Symantec Email Proxy 1003,9

Posted Nov 01, 2010 03:58 AM

Try the step mentioned above to remove the Email Plugin. If Email Tools have been removed and the error continues then look for the presence of \\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEmlPxy.dll.

If the file is present then rename it to ccEmlPxy.bak and restart the computer.

After the restart  try to send email to see if the error persists.