Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Cannot upgrade from SEE 7.0.2 to 7.0.7

Posted Jun 28, 2011 11:21 AM

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong trying to upgrade from SEE 7.0.2 to 7.0.7?  Using the commands below I can successfully upgrade from 7.0.4 to 7.0.7 but not from 7.0.2.

MSIEXEC /i "PATH\Symantec Endpoint Encryption Framework Client.msi" REINSTALL="ALL" REINSTALLMODE="vomus"

Reboot, then

MSIEXEC /i "PATH\Symantec Endpoint Encryption Full Disk Edition Client.msi" REINSTALL="ALL" REINSTALLMODE="vomus"

This has worked on 7.0.4 installs.  Also, it seems that this has worked on 7.0.2 for the Framework only.  When I try to upgrade the Full Disk, I get the Windows Insatller error: "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue.  To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel".  And, of course, if I try to remove Full Disk that way, it wants me to decrypt first, which is what I am try to avoid having to do.  Windows XP OS, by the way.  Thanks for any assistance,

Josh

• 2.  RE: Cannot upgrade from SEE 7.0.2 to 7.0.7

Posted Jun 28, 2011 03:17 PM

Did you see the change log or upgrade notes regarding any breaking changes regarding that minor upgrade?