File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  CANN'T ACCSS TO ENCRYPTED PARTITION (PGP WDE 10.0.0) - HOW TO DECRYPT?

Posted Mar 01, 2016 04:10 PM

Hello. I have Windows 7 x86 and PGP 10.0.0.
    I use standart pgp-disks key-encryption more than 14 years.

But.. in last year I tryed to  use a "new feature" - "PGP WHOLE PARTITION ENCRYPTION".
    And here is the troubles comes.
    1st. I add a user and set him a password.
    pgp says, partion s: (disk 0 partition 1) is crypted ok.
    I rebooted.. and saw the PGP-loader. enter my password and saw the partition in system.

Everyseems to be ok, but my system was unexpectedly crased. (i removed  some drivers, and have reinstall my system yet. (damn, wtf.. how i can forgot to F8... last good configuration...) this is beibg to fast for me.

And here is the suprise coming: After installing my PGP 10.0.0 I haven't my access to my s: (encrypted) partition.

the systems says - you need to format drive S: to use it.. and PGP couldn't cecognise, thad this partition is encrypted.

So. My PGP saws the: drive 0 partition 0 ONLY. and have not enumerate the disk 0 partition 1 (drive s) currently.

I do everything.. pgpwde -decrypt.. and thounsands of fake solutions.  - this is doesn't works because PGP doesn't recognise a crypted partition YET.

What I have. Partition username and password and 60 Gb of crypted latest PRIVATE DATA.

Please, help me to:
    1. howto backup this fuckin' partition? (acronis trueimage doesn't works)
    2. howto decrypt this fuckin' partition?

. really need two's position - i cann't believe, that my data can be simply lost by this adventure (fuckin pgpmbr!)

• 2.  RE: CANN'T ACCSS TO ENCRYPTED PARTITION (PGP WDE 10.0.0) - HOW TO DECRYPT?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2016 04:11 AM

you wrote "i removed  some drivers, and have reinstall my system yet.". Did you format the system partition? I worry your key might be lost. But this is what you can try:

1. build WinPE (https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH149634.html)

2. boot the machine from WinPE and follow steps to decrypt the disk (see steps from this article: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-decrypt-drive-windows-pe-symantec-encryption-desktop-10x).

When you started encryption, WDRT token appeared on screen with the information to save it and keep in a safe place. I hope you saved it not on the encrypted partition.

3. if that doesn't work, you might slave the disk to another machine with the same version of Encryption Desktop installed

If above doesn't work, I believe there is no other solution to recover the data, unfortunately.

ps. by the way, please don't use the f* words here as this forum is not the right place for such expressions