Can't install unmanaged client
I have been struggling all morning to install a trial version of the Symantec Endpoint client application. I need the trial version for now, then will get the license off the IT guys when my office re-opens in the new year. Without Symantec, I can't log into my company servers and get to files, so can't work. It has been a frustrating day so far!
and got this file: Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.2_Part1_Trialware_EN
It auto-extracted, so I didn't notice the setup.exe and just went into the folder that I had seen created. Unfortunately that was the SEPM folder, so I installed the Manager. Realised my mistake, uninstalled it, rebooted and used the setup.exe to install an unmanaged client. But that option ("install an unmanaged client") is greyed out. So I can only install the Manager, which isn't what I'm after.
I have ...
- uninstalled all Symantec products via Programs and Features
- checked that setup.exe still has unmanaged client greyed out
- run Norton Removal Tool
- manually removed everything with Symantec in it via regedit and search/delete
- run registry cleaner in ccleaner
- run ccleaner
- tried running setup.exe as admin
But still no good. Unmanaged client still greyed out. Is there something else that I need to do?
Thanks in advance.