Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Cant locate compatible drivers for HP NC373i to add to WinPe boot

Created: 08 Oct 2012 • Updated: 09 Oct 2012 | 5 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hey guys im trying to find a driver that I can add to the boot WinPE-512 for a HP NC373i Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapter..so far all ive found was drivers for 2003 and 2008 server and everytime I try to add them I get an error stating "There are no drivers listed". But ive been told on here that Vista drivers work the best however I dont seem to have any luck finding them. Anyone have any ideas?? 

Thanks 

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

andykn101's picture

I think Windows 2008 (not R2) should be the equivalent of Vista drivers, which you need for WinPE 2.0.

If the 2008 driver you're trying doesn't work, check the VEN & DEV ids of the device and the driver files.

Authorised Symantec Consultant (ASC) with Endpoint Management Limited, an Authorised Symantec Delivery Provider based in the UK.

Connect Etiquette: Please "Mark as Solution" posts that fix your problem.

Ianbword's picture

Noob here..if you need to create a Win PE 2.0 Boot enviroment can you do it from the ghost boot program??

It doesnt seem to want to take any of the drivers ive downloaded from HP..and also if you download and extract the drivers there seems to be a ton of files instead of the normal few that im used to..maybe all the extra driver files are screwing it up...??

EdT's picture

Remember also that you need the 32 bit drivers for WinPE.

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.

Ianbword's picture

Thank you.. That filters out some options for me when playing the guessing game with the network card drivers

Ianbword's picture

I ended up finding RIS drivers which worked perfectly..thanks everyone 

SOLUTION