Catalog of tapes fails but data is still 'resorable'
- I am using Backup Exec 2010
- I am converting data on an LTO2 to an LTO4.
- There are 10 tapes in the disk set that encapsulates a full backup.
- I have inventoried all the tapes successfully.
- I configured the Tools, Options, Catalog-Settings to the following:
- Request all media in the sequence for catalog operation
- Use storage media-based catalogs
Here is what occurred
I created a catalog job/operation on 3 tapes (I plan to do all10 but I only do 2-3 a day since it is long job)
I get the following error:
“The requested media is not listed in the media index and couldn’t be mounted. To add the media’s catalog info to the disk based catalogs, run inventory…..etc”
(I get this error 4 out of 5 times. BUT this is NOT the issue because I discovered that if I then do a ‘test restore’, the media tape that just had the aforementioned job failure does in fact have the tape available for restore and the data is ‘selectable’ as a restore operation.
Here is my question
I have 10 tapes. I only cataloged 3 tapes and all jobs failed. When I go to do a ‘restore’ job, ALL 10 tapes are selectable to restore data from!
- Do I need to ‘catalog’ the other tapes? (prior to me doing the next step of B2D)