CCS 10 Web Console Roadmap?
Can anyone tell me what the roadmap for improvements to the web console is? It looks like it is a good start but there are some things that it is lacking.
- Overall better filtering/sorting capabilites on all levels of screens.
- Actually seeing the evidence by asset as to why a particular check did not pass. From what I can tell you can only see what the check is and that it failed....not "why" it failed on a particular asset.
- When you click on a "Results Summary" number denoting the number of assets that failed (or passed...or unknown, etc) it goes to a screen with ALL the statuses and assets and you have to scroll thru and find the good/bad/unknown. etc. It would be nice to show just what you are wanting to see.
- When setting filters in the query dialog when setting up a panel, the "Operators" are not always consistent. For example, sometimes when you are trying to filter on "Check Name" the choices for Operator is "is equal/is not equal" only and other times it is "contains/not contains, is equal/is not equal , starts with/doesnt start with, etc". Also, there is a bug in the drop down list on large lists (Exceeded List Limit)
- If you have extended the asset schema, let those new fields through to the web console so you can filter on them in the query dialog as well as show them in the report page so you can filter/sort there too.
- Allow the check formula through so it is visible in the web console. Currently the only way you can see it is to cut/paste it into the Description field in the check.
I am sure there are other improvements to the console that could be done. If you have any, make them heard. The web console is a powerful tool and needs to be a strong piece of the product.