Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

CCS 10.5.1 check name duplication and inconsistent evidence

Created: 14 Mar 2013 | 1 comment

running10.5.1  checking servers mostly 2008.  Using Nist SP 800-53.   In the evidence I sometimes get results and sometimes (no data Available). I also see multiple listings of check name.  Example now is the check  Enforce password History set to 24 passwords remembered. I see that 2 times and it did pull the data.  but configure automatic updates didnt pull back data??

my main issues is why does it list the check name so many times?  I assume this effects my results as it is listed in the amount of failed checks. It shows 48 checks yet only 19 are there.

thanks

Operating Systems:

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

Matt Plourde's picture

The duplicate check results aren't your fault - it's how the standard is written.

Head over to "Manage - Standards" and explode that puppy out. You'll notice checks repeated across sections.

My advice? Copy the NIST Standard, remove dupes, ENABLE the framework from Control Studio and you're good to go! :)