Video Screencast Help

CCS 10.5.1 Importing Assets

Created: 11 Apr 2012 | 2 comments

Hi,

I am trying to import some assets into CCS so that I can run reports/standards on those.

I have not configured CCS in this environment, thus I am no expert.

From the assets list I can see several machines already added to CCS. However when I try to add a specific machine manually it does not do anything.

I went to Manage->Assets->Import Assets, the name of the job, asset platform being "Windows Platform", asset type as "Windows Machine" and Asset Source as "One-time, manual-entry job". Afterwards, I select the domain and the specific machine name that I want to add and finally conclude the process. Then the job runs and when I go to the Assets list under Windows Machines and I cannot see the machine that I tried to add.

Could you please give me some help on this?

Thank you.

Regards.

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Kevin_K's picture

A few things you can look at

1 - the job (monitor --Jobs). Select the asset import jobs from the left side of the screen to make sure those show up. Then in the job summary info you can see what happened with the job you ran. The Failures tab will also have any information for assets that were not imported or problems the asset job had

2- Where the assets go in the system is dependant on the asset import rules you use. If you used the generic rules that came with the system, the assets imported are stored in the top level folder (the name of the folder is Asset System)

cmccoy2's picture

Make sure the DPS Collector modules have been setup to collect data from the Windows platform has been setup in the Settings>System Topology>Map View   Right click on the DPS Collector and make sure the Windows Data collector is configured with the correct CCS RMS Data Collector and credentials.