Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

CCS 11.0 agent based message data collection

Created: 29 Nov 2012 • Updated: 12 Dec 2012 | 1 comment
OSBO's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello, Could anyone tell what is the real situation with message based data collection deployment. CCS 11 planning and deployment guide states that: ■ In case of agent-less data collection, 1 server to host the CCS Manager in Collector role. ■ In case of agent-based raw-data collection, 1 server to host the CCS Manager in Collector role. ■ In case of message based data collection, 1 server to host the CCS Manager in Collector role. As i anderstand from here, I need 2 servers, if I have both agent-less data collection and message based data collection. However, http://www.ts.avnet.com/uk/vendors/symantec/inform... states: "Carry out agent-based and agent-less data assessments from a single server, reducing the amount of infrastructure needed for deployment and simplifying server configuration and management". Though, how many servers realy needed for agent-less and message based data collection?

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

Matt Plourde's picture

You just want to make sure you have your "message-based" CCS Mgr on it's own box (no other CCS roles, not even other data collection roles).

Why? We throttle it down for msg-based Data Collection. (and that's "real world") See the v11 planning & deployment guide, page 93. This is from page 94:

"

Using a CCS Manager with Collector role for message based data collection, with
other roles such as evaluation or reporting may affect the data collection
performance. Symantec recommends that you install a CCS Manager only with
the Data Collector role for message based data collection.

Using a CCS Manager configured with above mentioned settings to collect
agent-less or agent-based raw-data may affect the data collection performance.
Symantec recommends to use separate CCS Manager for agent-less or agent-based
raw-data collection and configure routing rules to route the assets to specific CCS
Managers.

"

Hope this helps! :)

SOLUTION