Control Compliance Suite

View Only
  • 1.  CCS Enpoint Mapper Error (10.5)

Posted Feb 14, 2011 11:41 AM

Hello all,

I recently setup up two brand new servers with the Components of CCS. Reporting and Analytics on one and Data Collector on the other. Most jobs run great, however, when I run a patch assessment on a single PC from the CCS console, the memory utilization jumps 4 GB on the server. 3 hours later the job finished with a ton of errors about the Endpoint Mapper being out of Endpoints  between the Reporting server and Data Collector Server.

If I run the patch assessment directly from RMS, it finishes in less that a minute. 

Anyone ever run into this? Going to message support next...

• 2.  RE: CCS Enpoint Mapper Error (10.5)

Posted Feb 14, 2011 02:30 PM

Assuming you are talking about the Microsoft Windows Patch Assessment, the process in R&A is very cumbersome and much slower.  There's another thread in this forum (see https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ccs-v100-reporting-and-analytics-windows-patch-assessments-best-way-run) that I started recently that talks more about this and believe that engineering will be looking to improving this.  Time frame?  Not sure.

Some things to try:

• First, make sure you are not running the entire Patch Assessment Library standard.  Instead, create a custom standard then copy and paste only the portion of the Patch Assessment you want to check for. 
    • Second, limit your scope to just one or two servers and see if you still get the error(s).

I'm in the same boat and have resorted to just working with the RMS side for now until I can get more time to devote to setting it up in R&A.  Disappointing though.

If you contact support, let us know what the outcome is.

Thanks,
    Aaron

• 3.  RE: CCS Enpoint Mapper Error (10.5)

Posted Feb 18, 2011 07:12 PM

Ok contacted support. We tweaked some setting on Query Engine, but now a new issue occurs but I thnk it is for the reason you listed above. Running the Patch library on one PC takes anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours. Even worse by the time its done memory usage has gone from 2 GB of RAM to 8 GB of RAM (maxxed). Restarting the SQL service drops about 4 GB of ram and restarting CCS services drops the other two GB of ram. If I cap the memory SQL can use...I get out of memory errors (in CCS) well into the job.

Something is not letting go of the memory after the job finishes...very odd.

Been working with support for a couple of days now and no answers on the memory thing.

Server with RMS is running like a champ though....

• 4.  RE: CCS Enpoint Mapper Error (10.5)

Posted Feb 19, 2011 01:04 PM

Just currious...what did they have yout change on teh Query Engine?

• 5.  RE: CCS Enpoint Mapper Error (10.5)

Posted Feb 21, 2011 07:20 AM

They had me bump up the concurrent agents value under the Query Engine Settings in bv-config. I have a fairly powerful server doing the querys and we noticed it was barely using any of the 16 cores. Not sure how that would help the RPC connections...but I'll take anything at this point.