Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only

Centralized Antivirus or Backup Solution for Small Business Server 2003 32-bit??

• 1.  Centralized Antivirus or Backup Solution for Small Business Server 2003 32-bit??

Posted Jul 27, 2011 09:54 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm running into a situation I never thought I would. It appears there are no products from Symantec or any other vendor that allow me to conduct centralized antivirus and cloning management to my clients.

Right now we are running Windows Small Business Server 2003 SP2 32-bit. I have located editions that will allow me to run centralized antivirus and cloning from the 64-bit, but none from 32-bit. Endpoint Protection works for 64-bit SBS2003 and Ghost Solution Suite doesn't work for SBS 2003 at all.

The issue is we run a legacy accounting software package that does not work with 64-bit operating systems, which prevents us from utilizing a more recent version of the operating system.

In the meantime, I'd like to come up with some kind of solution that will not require the purchasing of new licensing and installation of a new server, a time consuming and expensive process.