Citrix Reciever fails after layer reset
Created: 30 Jan 2014 • Updated: 30 Jan 2014 | 1 comment
Having some trouble with Citrix Reciever. Whenever I reset the layer it stops working as intended when starting applications from a Citrix WI.
- Activate the layer on a new pc.
- With Internet Explorer (9), navigate to a Citrix WI site and launch any application. It works.
- Close it and reset the layer.
- Try again and nothing happens. No error messages or log activity.
- Windows 7 with latest updates.
- Symantec Workspace Virtualization: 6.4.1953
- Symantec Workspace Streaming: 220.127.116.117
- Symantec Virtual Composer: 18.104.22.1680_38302
Capture (from cmd.exe):
- CitrixReceiver.exe /noreboot ADDLOCAL=”ICA_Client,SSON” ENABLE_SSON=yes ENABLE_DYNAMIC_CLIENT_NAME=Yes
I had an issue where the citrix client wanting to use "C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files" as a workspace for the temporary ICA file. This path was found in the following registry key, I change this with a event script
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Cache\Paths]"Directory"="%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files"
I'm assuming this is a "local" problem and an issue for our images used for deployment. I just wanted to mention it regarding the troubleshooting.
Anyone else experienced this? I can't find any solution to this with my rundowns in Process Monitor and such. If user runs as administrator it works as expected. Maybe I just worked myself blind on this? :)