Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Client checking into incorrect SEPM 12.1

Posted Oct 27, 2011 04:12 PM

I have the following setup

2003 server with XP clients on 11.06MP3. The server was upgraded to version 12.1

I have freshly installed 12.1 on a 2008 DataCenter Edition server. Migrated the database, policies, etc from the initial server.

I built client installation packages from the 2008 Datacenter server.

I plan to uninstall all workstations with 11.06MP3. install 12.1 to point them to the new 2008 server.

This has not worked.

So far the client populated in the 2008 server. Then when I sorted it the client disappeared. It shows in the client logs it connected to hte 2003 server. WHy is this occuring? When I built client packages on the 2008 server shouldnt the clients that are installed with those packages be installing to the 2008 server? The particular client in question was the 2008 server client. I havent tested to see if XP workstations behave the same way. Need to get this client talking to the correct sepm first.

When I checked the sylink.xml log it does show the old server in it. How can I get client packages that will point to hte new server without having to use the sylink.xml utilitity to add a step to the redeployment of the clients?

• 2.  RE: Client checking into incorrect SEPM 12.1

Posted Oct 27, 2011 05:09 PM

When you built the client install packages in the new SEPM, did you create new Client Install Settings with "Remove all previous logs and policies, and reset the client-server communication settings" checked? I would recommend trying that first, if not.

sandra

• 3.  RE: Client checking into incorrect SEPM 12.1
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 02, 2011 12:44 PM

I was told that the best practice is to set up replication between the sites so that is what I have done. I also found that if the management server list has a priority higher for the old sepm then you will not get dats until you change the priority to the new one.

You can find this in the policy component section of the SEPM.