I am using Netbackup 7.0.1 on Linux Server
I followed these steps for client installation
- Download Netbackup_7.0.1_CLIENTS2_xxxxxxxxxx.tar.gz from the following site:
- Unzip the gzip file onto the target client system in a temporary location.
- Move into the ‘NB_7.0_CLIENTS2_xxxxxxxxx’ directory and type ‘./install’.
- When asked to continue, select ‘y’.
- When asked to install NetBackup client software select ‘y’.
- When asked to enter the NetBackup server, enter the hostname of the NetBackup Server.
- When asked to use the hostname as the client name select ‘y’ to continue.
- Remove all installation files when installation is complete.
After performing above steps, on client machine. I am not able to log into Netbackup Console.
Error.The Netbackup host specified is invalid or doesnot exist.
The hostname used during installation on client (spr1). I am able to ping the hostname remotely from other servers.